Portrush Town Hall is a fine example of Victorian municipal architecture (it is grade B1 listed) and offers the discerning conference/meeting organiser a venue with historic character, right in the heart of Portrush. Designed by the famous architectural firm Lanyon, Lynn and Lanyon, and built in 1870, Portrush Town Hall was the headquarters for the local council and was one of the glories of the sea front. Indeed it has always been regarded as a landmark of the town.
It was designed in Scottish baronial style complete with gables and a 'witch's hat' turret. Constructed of red brick with striking bands of cream and black brickwork, the building formed an important group with the nearby Victorian railway station. Internally too, it was an imposing construction with its circular reading room as an unusual central feature.
In 2004 an extensive 18 month restoration and refurbishment programme of both the interior and exterior building commenced, completing in January 2006. The building is now a venue for meetings, drama and other social activities.
The elegant arched windows in the main hall bath the room in natural light and there is a musician's gallery along the full length of the hall. The hall has been furnished with comprehensive theatrical equipment which enables Portrush Town Hall to host plays and pantos to a 21st century standard. There are sea views from all 3 meeting rooms and the venue overlooks Station Square, a high quality open space with a strong maritime theme and the Town Hall is within easy walking distance of both rail and bus connections, the harbour and the town's many restaurants.